Before You Do Anything,
If you've been following The PETEtheTRAINER Blog for a while, you know one of my favorite words is, ORGANIZE. This is crucial when learning to eat to lose fat, get 6 pack abs, and improve your health. When I sit down with a NEW CLIENT, one of the topics we talk about is their diet, Very often they enthusiastically name off a few 'health foods' and various other things that are on their *do not eat list*. Most NEW CLIENTS have no idea that the, so called 'health foods' that they are chomping on are, actualy sabotaging their fat loss efforts and ruining their health.
While most people are generally aware then eating certain types of foods can make them gain weight, they often do not realize that these same foods can also significantly increase their risk of developing degenerative diseases like arthritis, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and diabetes.
Here's MY rule of thumb when organizing a Fit and Healthy diet plan ...and this is a good principle to live by..Think of foods that grow, as living foods (aka - not man made), and think of foods that do not grow as dead food (man made foods). Living foods will improve your health and dead foods will take away from your health.
Now don*t get me wrong, food is meant to be enjoyed, but certain foods can definitely take years off your life and cause you to get fatter. Don't live to eat, eat to live. The consistent consumption of man-made foods wreaks havoc on the human body. Not only are these foods generally very toxic, but they are almost instantly stored as fat. Your body also views substances like bleaching agents, food additives, preservatives, and chemicals as foreign invaders and processing these foods puts an intense burden on your liver. If your liver isn't functioning at its peak your fat loss efforts will be in vain. Therefore it is essential to avoid foods that put additional stress on the liver so it can function properly and keep you healthy. If the stress on your liver wasn't bad enough, these dead foods contain few if any nutrients, and if your diet contains too much of these food types you are at a high risk of being overfed, overweight, AND undernourished.
So be sure to eat foods that are alive and unaltered by man. Your body can use the natural antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins, and minerals found in unaltered foods to keep you healthy as well as keep your body functioning at its peak.
The foods you should avoid at all costs
1. Processed Foods These top my list of foods to avoid because not only will they make you fat, but they can cause a variety of deadly health problems. Processed foods contain no natural antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber, vitamins, or minerals, and eating them puts a strain on your digestive system. Processed foods are also very high in sugar, salt, food additives, and toxic fats. The human body was not designed to be able to fully process and digest this type of man-made food so avoid processed foods at all costs for a healthy and lean body. Some examples of processed foods are, white bread, 'modern' breakfast cereal, chips, white rice ...AND MANY OTHERS.
3. Sugary Foods & Drinks Lets face it, sugar tastes great, but it WILL make you fat and unhealthy. I call sugar the most powerful drug in the world because it has the most addicts across the world than most other drugs combined! Here's the thing. When you eat sugar, your body creates a cycle that constantly demands more and more sugar. Not only that, but sugar also raises insulin levels! If you are not familiar with insulin, it is a very powerful hormone that tells your body to store fat. Over time, if you continue to eat sugary foods, your cells will become resistant to this over-production of insulin and you could end up with type 2 diabetes.
4. Processed Meats Now I have to admit, I love a great deli sandwich or hot dog, but buyer beware. Packaged meats and cold cuts contain nitrates and nitrites which many experts believe cause deadly cancers. Processed meats also contain insanely high amounts of salt and saturated fats, which can lead to hypertension, high cholesterol, and heart disease. If that wasn't bad enough, eating these foods is guaranteed to cause you to gain weight. So avoid foods like bacon, hot dogs, sausage, salami, bologna, and any other processed deli meat like the plague and cook your meat yourself.
5. White Flour White bread and white flour products will make you fat. Plain and simple. Not only do they have no nutritional value, but they are converted to sugar by your body just as fast as cake and ice cream. Eating foods made with white or refined flour is definitely a sure-fire way to add some quick pounds of blubber!
NOTE: Be sure to read all bread labels carefully because many clever food manufacturers try to disguise white bread as wheat bread by adding molasses to it so it looks darker. Don*t fall for this trick!
6. Chemically Laden Foods Do you have any idea how many toxic chemicals are in our food supply? Do you realize that these toxins are keeping you fat and unhealthy? If you are one of the millions of people across the planet eating processed foods, chances are you are also consuming bleaching agents, flavoring agents, chemical preservatives, texturizers, emulsifiers, as well as synthetic dyes. If that isn't enough to gross you out, get this, most chemical food additives are made from coal tar or petroleum products! Most foods that are grown non-organically are likely tainted with harmful toxic chemicals, as well as herbicides and pesticides. These toxins overwhelm the liver, increase your risk of disease, and can make you fat. If you value your health and want to be fit, steer clear of foods containing dangerous chemicals.
7. Artificial Sweeteners If you are like the rest of us, you see food products everywhere in flashy boxes that read *Sugar Free* and think 'awesome', I can eat this and not gain weight.
Not so fast my friend!
Not so fast my friend!
Most people don't realize this because artificial sweeteners generally have zero calories, but artificial sweeteners will make you fat. How is this possible?
First, these fake sweeteners increase your appetite by sending false signals to the brain that sweet food is on the way. Your brain subsequently becomes confused when sweet food never arrives and so it never gives the signal that you are satisfied. You will develop a nasty sweet tooth, and have sugar cravings throughout the day. Not what you want if your goal is to lose stubborn body fat!
Artificial sweeteners are well, artificial, so the body typically sees this *food* as a foreign invader and treats it as such, thus overwhelming the liver with an intense workload.
Understanding the function of your liver is important because it filters and removes dangerous or unnecessary substances from the body, but when the liver is overwhelmed with toxins like artificial sweeteners it can no longer process the essential nutrients that your body needs to function at its peak. An overworked liver can't break down fats properly, so you will have a very tough time losing any weight at all if your liver is already tired. If you want to lose fat, you need to keep your liver functioning at the top of it's game.
Hopefully today's post has empowered YOU, and opened your eyes about the types of foods you need to avoid to get, and keep your body, lean, healthy and strong for life. So eliminate toxic processed, man-made foods, fast foods, toxic fats, and sugar from your diet ASAP and you will live a robust, healthy life as well as get the rock hard body and the 6 pack abs you deserve in the process.
Thank you for your visit
Let me know if you have questions
I hope today's post has empowered you to keep dis-covering your potential
Peace & Blessings