The Following Dramatization
Is For Education Purposes Only
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME
The Cola Count-DOWN
according to Pete the Trainer
Have you ever wondered why Coke comes with a smile?
It's because it gets you high
They took the cocaine out almost a hundred years ago
You know why?
It was redundant..!
READY? ...Flip ...Tip ...AND ...GO........!!
* In The First 10 minutes: 10 teaspoons of processed sugar hits your system. (100% of your recommended daily intake ...and some sodas, it's up to 30 teaspoons of sugar.) You don't immediately vomit from the overwhelming sweetness, because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor allowing you to keep it down.
* After 20 minutes: Your blood sugar spikes, causing an insulin burst. Your liver responds to this by turning any sugar it can get its hands on into fat. ...and there's plenty of sugar available at this particular moment.
* 40 minutes: Caffeine absorption is complete. Your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, as a response your liver dumps more sugar into your bloodstream. The adenosine receptors in your brain are now blocked preventing drowsiness.
* 45 minutes: Your body ups your dopamine production stimulating the pleasure centers of your brain. by the way, this is physically the same way heroin works.
* 60 minutes: The phosphoric acid binds calcium, magnesium and zinc in your lower intestine, providing a further boost in metabolism. This is compounded by high doses of sugar and artificial sweeteners found in typical American 'snack' foods, increasing the urinary excretion of calcium.
* 65 Minutes: The caffeine's diuretic properties come into play. (It makes you have to pee.) It is now assured that you'll evacuate the bonded calcium, magnesium and zinc that was headed to your bones as well as sodium, electrolyte and water.
* 70 minutes: As the rave inside of you dies down, you'll start to have a sugar crash. You may become irritable and/or sluggish. You've also now, literally, urinated away all the water that was in the Coke, but not before infusing it with valuable nutrients that your body could have used for hydration and building of your body's many systems including building strong bones and teeth. All the following will all be followed by a caffeine crash that occurs within the next few hours, as little as two if you're a smoker, but hey ...have ANOTHER Coke
it'll make you feel better ???